Saturday 28 May 2011

Why did I buy that? A few ideas from yesterday's post...

Wow, I'm posting this late, but I slept in this morning until 9:00! I'm such a rebel! Next I'll be staying up past midnight, doing my crosswords in pen, and drinking milk straight out of the carton! (Okay, I won't be doing the last thing as I'm lactose intolerant, but it's the thought that counts, right?)

We took a look at some interesting and new ingredients yesterday - let's take a look at some applications this morning! (There will be at least two more posts on these ingredients as there were quite a lot of them!)

Here are a few recipes with disodium EDTA included. It might not be the most exciting ingredient in the world - it doesn't do anything for skin feel for functionality - but it's a great addition if you're trying to retard rancidity in your products!

Emu oil is reported to be good for pain relief, so I used it in a lotion bar for that purpose. I love the bar I've made, and I use it constantly. (Which is kinda sad that I have pain so regularly that I'm burning through these bars, but it's nice that they feel good!) You can use it in any application that requires oils, although you might want to consider who might be using the product as it is derived from animals, so vegans and vegetarians might take issue. (Click here for the answer to the burning question can I substitute one oil for another in a recipe?)

Argan oil is reported to be good for our hair, and you can add it to your conditioner at up to 10% in the heated oil phase or make a serum with about 5% argan oil, 85% cyclomethicone, and 10% dimethicone. (Click here for some information on the Moroccan oil products and my suggestions for replication!)

I've written quite a lot about IPM, so my suggestion is to click here and click here for a few ideas. IPM can be used where you would use any oil - put it into the heated oil phase - so try it in products you think could use just a little less greasiness.

Join me tomorrow for more fun formulating with ingredients we've purchased!

0 comments:

Post a Comment