Friday 1 April 2011

Where to get supplies in America?

There are so many great suppliers in the States, and as with the other "where can we get supplies" posts, I encourage you to add your favourites with your opinion of their selection or service. If you get specific ingredients from these retailers that are hard to find, please note that as well.

The Personal Formulator: You know I love this supplier! I get most of my more hard to get ingredients here like cetrimonium chloride, esters, polyquats, and water soluble extracts. Their shipping is great, and it's nice to be able to go back into my account and see what I ordered last time so I can restock!

Brambleberry/Otion: I love Anne-Marie, and I love her shop. I haven't ordered from Brambleberry as it's easier to go to the retail store and get supplies (I live about 45 minutes away, if you don't count the time at the border). I am in love with her fragrances. My favourites are Clementine Cupcake, Hello Sweet Thang, and Cream Cheese Frosting! (Check out her blog at the Soap Queen!)

The Herbarie: Angie's product selection and service are legendary, and this is a great place to get a ton of different emulsifiers, preservatives, and surfactants. I have an ongoing wish list at the Herbarie because there's so many awesome ingredients! I've purchased from her before, and my only complaint is the minimum order for Canadians ($100) and the handling charge ($25), which you can get around by having it shipped to the border if you live close enough (and 80% of us apparently do!). If you're American, though, I guess this isn't an issue.

Lotioncrafter: Jenny offers great ingredients, lots of cosmeceuticals, and an incredible amount of well researched information. Her resource centre is excellent, and you can generally get a data sheet on each ingredient with the listing on the site. I love Lotioncrafter!

Ingredients to Die For: I haven't ordered from this site, mainly because it ate my shopping cart after an hour of choosing things, but they have a ton of interesting preservatives, emulsifiers, and organic ingredients, as well as some interesting cosmeceuticals.

From Nature with Love: They run the Natural Beauty Blog, and carry some interesting ingredients. I've never ordered from them, but I have a wish list there.

Majestic Mountain Sage: I haven't ordered from them either, but they are well regarded and have a great blog, Adventures with the Sage. Their lip balm recipe is fantastic, and is a staple for most of us when we're making our first one.

Those are the ones I can comment about for now. As usual, post your favourite suppliers in the comments and let us know what you think. (And some of your links are ending up in spam, but I'm reinstating them when I see they aren't spam!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment