Tuesday 19 April 2011

&*@@# Croda!

I'm so annoyed right now with Croda, makers of Incroquat BTMS-50, Incroquat CR, Polawax, and so on. They've decided that the little people - anyone who doesn't have an e-mail address at a cosmetic company - can't access their intranet for information, which means we can't access data sheets or studies on their ingredients. A few years ago they tried to take their products away from American suppliers so we couldn't use them, now this. They've suggested I can contact a sales representative for the data sheets. (Do they really think a sales rep wants to be inundated by bloggers and homecrafters asking all kinds of questions without buying huge quantities of product?)

Arch Chemicals has done the same thing. They called my house to check up on me and wouldn't give me access once they realized I didn't work for some huge company. That's why I can't recommend any of their products - I don't have enough information (well, except for honeyquat). 

I'm done. I'm sick and tired of being treated poorly because we aren't ordering drums of product directly from the manufacturer. Is it too much to ask for the data sheets or studies on the ingredients we're buying from our suppliers? Why do I need to have a specialized e-mail address to access information? I've been registered there for over 5 years, but now I'm not good enough to access their information (thank goodness I've been saving their links to my Dropbox so we can all still access some of it).

I've been experimenting with some new emulsifiers and I'll be bringing you the results of those tests in the next few weeks, as well as my experiments with HLB emulsifiers. Unfortunately, I can't find an easy replacement for Incroquat BTMS-50 or CR, but I'm on a quest to find something. (Perhaps cetrimonium bromide?)

This is one of the reason LabRat always suggested we make our own surfactant blends and emulsifiers, so we aren't dependent upon a company for information or supplies. And he was right (as usual)! As much as I like the ease of use of Polawax, there are other options and I'm going to share all I can about those other options. I might be some small time blogger without a ton of influence and money, but I'm angry. And as my husband says, the only thing more scary than an angry Swift is an angry Swift who knows she's right!

Thus endeth the angry rant...

0 comments:

Post a Comment